Pine Avenue in the city of Anna Maria is one of the most frequently visited areas of Anna Maria Island, with an abundance of restaurants, dessert shops, jewelry stores, boutiques, clothing stores, art galleries, and gift shops.
With a location near the Anna Maria City Pier, Bayfront Park and the Rod and Reel Pier, many tourists often stroll along by Pine Avenue before or after they visit these attractions.
The next time you’re in the city of Anna Maria visiting Bayfront Park, Bean Point or the piers, stroll over to Pine Avenue and experience some of the many attractions it has to offer:
If you’re interested in learning a bit about the history of the island and want to see the historic jail, be sure to stop at the Anna Maria Historic Society at 402 Pine Avenue.
- You’ll find plenty of things to do here including taking a picture at the former location of the historic Anna Maria Jail, one of the most photographed sites on the island.
- Learn about the story of the island’s first settlers at the museum and see many other interesting exhibits.
- See the Belle Haven cabin which fell into the bay in 1926 and was retrieved, restored and used as a home for decades.
The historic Green Village
Located toward the eastern end of Pine Ave. the recently restored Green Village is a historic area that now features the latest in green technology. The entire village is powered by renewable energy sources and it’s very pedestrian friendly.
- The Anna Maria General Store at 503 Pine Ave. sells everything you need for a beach picnic at nearby Bayfront Park.
- Stop by Beach Bums at 427 Pine Ave. to rent whatever you need to get around the island including bicycles, golf carts, kayaks, paddle boards and beach supplies.
Delectable dessert shops on Pine Ave.
Satisfy your sweet tooth at some the island’s top dessert shops which are located right on Pine Avenue:
- Hometown Desserts at 507 Pine Ave. in the Green Village is one of the best bakeries on the island, producing a range of mouth-watering freshly made cakes, cupcakes, brownies, cake pops, cookies and more.
- The Donut Experiment at 210C Pine Avenue is locally famous for its delicious homemade donuts that you can customize with any toppings you want, as well as its high-quality refreshing coffee.
Some of the community’s favorite restaurants are also on Pine Ave.
A few restaurants that are favorites among locals are also located on Pine Avenue including the following casual Italian and Mexican eateries:
- Try Vinny & Cheryl’s Italian Kitchen at 314 Pine Ave. for some appetizing Italian cuisine including pasta, pizza and sandwiches.
- Poppo’s Taqueria at 212C Pine Ave is a fun Mexican eatery incorporating local fresh ingredients with authentic burritos, tacos, quesadillas and other quickly prepared menu options.
The Historic City Pier at 100 South Bay Blvd on the corner of Pine Ave. and Bay Blvd., and it’s a must-visit attraction in the city of Anna Maria.
- Try delicious locally caught seafood with modest prices at the restaurant with some spectacular ocean views and sunsets.
- Learn about the history of the pier and its significance to the island, and purchase bait and tackle for your own fishing needs.