5 Spring Events You Do Not Want to Miss: Anna Maria Island
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt – The end of March marks the beginning of Spring which means here comes the spring breakers, shorts, flip flops, and sunshine. Anna Maria Island hosts an annual Easter egg hunt for anyone and everyone that would like to come. Appropriate for all ages, your whole family can join in on this local event. Immediately following the egg hunt, the Easter Bunny will lead his springtime parade down Pine Avenue where you will find many activities set up to entertain and delight. You can also have your picture taken with the Easter Bunny once the parade has come to a close.
- Sarasota Film Festival – April is the time for the Annual Sarasota Film Festival which has turned into one of the world’s most notable, significant, and respected venues for both recognized and up-and-coming filmmakers to unveil their latest projects. The festival usually runs for about two weeks in the month of April and features nearly 200 films in almost every genre. If you ate looking to see an independent film or do something new for a change, check out what the Film Festival has to offer!
- CityFest – Mid-April, Anna Maria Island hosts CityFest usually located in Holmes Beach. This is a two-day event that features live music, entertainment, food, drinks, a vintage car show, etc. Prepare to go on an empty stomach because there is enough food to leave you full for a week.
- Food and Wine on Pine – May is the month for Food and Wine on Pine, a culinary experience mixed with a cultural opportunity, which will be held on May 7th 2016 (rain date May 8th) on Pine Avenue in Anna Maria. This event showcases the best that this area has to offer when it comes to food, wine, art and music. Mark the date in your calendar!
- Friday ArtWalk – Though this event lasts for a while, running from approximately February to December, it is still considered an event not to miss in our opinion, especially if the weather is nice. Visit the Village of the Arts monthly ArtWalk which is held the first Friday and Saturday night of every month. Here you will discover a community of artists that pour their heart and soul into the very being of this society. Food, music, specialty shops, studios, galleries, and healing arts are just some of the things you will discover about this area. ArtWalk’s hours are like clockwork; Friday nights start at 6pm and run to 9:30pm and Saturdays start at 11am and end at 4pm. The admission for ArtWalk is free and you get to see such a diverse mix of sculpture gardens splashed with art, waterfall gardens created out of bamboo, among the traditional gardens spread throughout the Village.
Anna Maria Island has things to do every season of the year in or around the Island, yet springtime is always a favorite for visitors and locals alike. It’s amazing how such a small area can offer such big cultural events and perspectives. Visit Anna Maria Island today to enjoy the unadulterated side of the coast and see the Island scenery that everyone is talking about.